Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekly Update!

This Friday Matt and I went antique shopping! It was my first time, as I had always associated antiques with the pre-1950s/shabby chic era. When I lived in the Rose Garden area I often passed by the plethora of antique stores on West San Carlos, but yesterday was my first time stopping in.



In one of the stores I found a Margaret Keane painting ("Waiting for Grandmother 1962"), which is in the lower left hand corner. I'll have to re-frame it, but what a great find!



I also found these adorable deer salt and pepper shakers in the same store. The deer figurine on the left was one of our MANY finds at the Campbell City-Wide Garage Sale.



Lastly, I found these 1930s-1940s era 127 film negatives, which will work great for my thesis show in April. The best part is they were in a box full of pictures, negatives, memorabilia with Matt's last name on them!

That's all for now! This week I'll be working on my terrariums, learning how to transfer photographs onto glass, as well as a post on our favorite albums this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment